Sunday, 7 August 2011

A Short Note About Boats And Such...

Did I mention MOTH bought a boat?? We took it out on Lake Conjola on Thursday. I took the girls to playgroup for the first time since we moved here. Puddleduck did seven amazing paintings. Porkchop gave her best first effort and produced two. Then MOTH picked us up and we went for a ride. It was a beautiful day and we had lots of good-quality, family time. I took a lot of photos and taught Puddleduck how to use the camera. This was her first effort:


Pretty good, eh?

It was awesome feeling the wind in my hair, and of course, being the water baby that I am, I had to jump in the water! Talk about bone-crushingly cold! It was like pure ice! The funniest part was me trying to clamber back on the boat. Told MOTH that I felt like a beached whale trying to get back in the water. And he was lovingly and laughingly trying to haul me back on. It was only when we got home that he sheepishly remembered that the whole time, there was a ladder that we could've hooked on the side! Now he tells me! And of course he told everyone the whole embarrassing story when we went to Canberra for the weekend. We only got back a couple of hours ago. We hung out with family and friends, drank lots of beer and had a fabulous time in general. Went for Yum Cha for Brother In Law's birthday today. Ate lots and lots of good food and attempted the challenge of getting the kids together for a photo. If you've ever tried to take a decent photo of a group of kids, one where they are all looking at the camera, you'll understand how futile this pursuit can be! Puddleduck may like taking photos but lately she has an aversion to appearing in them... so tantrums ensued... Anyway, tired and fading fast, so off to bed with my sleepy self. Til next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment