Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Imbolc


Hey all, just realised that I forgot to mention that yesterday was Imbolc, one of the eight Pagan sabbats. Imbolc is from the Gaelic language and means "in the belly". It is the sacred festival of Brigid, the Pagan triple goddess of inspiration, smithcraft and healing. Imbolc is the time of year when we start to kiss winter goodbye - just a quick peck on the cheek thanks, I don't like you very much and I would prefer that we remain the most distant of begrudging acquaintances! Spring begins to reveal flashes of her beautiful self - oh spring, you're such a bewitching harlot and I do love you for your promises and warmth, despite that hag named hayfever that inevitably accompanies you EVERY BLOODY YEAR! Life begins to stir in the belly of our Mother Earth, She softly stirs from Her winter slumber and opens one sleepy eye... just enough to brighten the sun and chase away the cold. Blessed be!

No comments:

Post a Comment