Thursday, 27 October 2011

SURPRISE!!!

Well, looks like the weight-loss mission will have to wait! On Saturday, MOTH and I were excited to discover we are expecting baby number three! I was only about five days late, but I felt funny and usually I'm quite regular, so I asked MOTH to drop into a pharmacy while he was in town to pick up a test for me. I had that rising sense of anticipation before doing the test and was pleasantly surprised when two little blue lines showed up. It was different to the tests I did for Puddleduck and Porkchop, they showed two pink lines. Maybe this one will be a boy? That would be nice, boys are rare in both MOTH's and my families and we don't have a blue one. But then, I'm not exactly sure what I'd do with a boy. Girls are more familiar territory. MOTH and I will be happy either way. If we do have another girl, MOTH may have something to say about going crazy with all these females around him, but he'll just have to build himself a garage retreat if that's the case. Puddleduck's reaction was brilliant! When we told her, she squealed with delight and told us that we should call the baby "Rosie," She then asked when the baby would be here and if we could "get it tomorrow." Porkchop's reaction was less than amused. We said to her, "You're going to be a big sister, Mummy's having another baby." Her response was a very indignant, "NO! MY THIS BABY!" We had to reassure her that she would still be our baby before she was happy to accept the idea of a little sister or brother. So, just going from my estimation, without the confirmation of any ultrasounds or examinations, I am about 6 weeks gone and bubs should be due around the 20th of June. Once again, I have unwittingly timed it well and avoided being heavily pregnant in the middle of summer - yay! And, I'm already in the right frame of mind to eat healthily and avoid alcohol - double yay! Now for all the planning and shopping.... Here we go again!

No comments:

Post a Comment