Sunday, 31 July 2011

Was watching an old re-run of Friends a couple of nights ago and got to thinking about the theme song and how it got to #1 here on the Australian charts. I remember I actually liked it until it got flogged to death on the radio and Video Hits. It's a good theme song as far as television theme music goes. This will make me seem like I have absolutely no life, which is partially true, but I have my list of favourite theme songs. So I am going to share them, in no particular order.

#1 That 70s Show - You just can't go wrong when your theme song is sung by Cheap Trick


#2 Just Shoot Me - This is the closing theme, but still relevant. It is so catchy and melodic, I always find myself singing along to it.



#3 Malcolm In The Middle - Even my almost 5 year old, Puddleduck, sings along with this one. I am   possibly a bit biased because of this.



#4 The Drew Carey Show - I HATE this show, but I love the theme song. No explanation necessary. It's just plain cool. God that woman is grotesque.



#5 The Big Bang Theory - This is one that I can see getting really irritating with time. But for now - still cool.


#6 Cheers - An oldie but a goodie


That concludes my list. Now I've got to go to the local ladies group for the first time and make some sort of effort at kicking a soccer ball around or something like that. Let's just hope I don't find myself suddenly transported back to high school P.E. where I kind of suck and think everyone is laughing at me. Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment